OUR PROJECTS / BUSINESS LINES
Plus Vitech focuses its projects on the development of diagnostic methods of a specific molecular target (biomarker) for cancer and other diseases. It also focuses on therapeutics, based on: i) antagonists of said target, namely repositioned, commercial small molecules; and ii) novel proprietary monoclonal antibodies for the treatment of some diseases. Currently, the company is developing a clinical “proof of principle” (PoP, Proof of Principle) in collaboration with a public hospital and Roche Diagnostics. At present, Plus Vitech’s business lines focus on:
a) Diagnosis in peripheral blood (liquid biopsy), based on different genes and gene products. The company is developing diagnostic systems to potentially be useful as:
- Support for other diagnostic techniques.
- A method for monitoring tumor progression and response to treatment.
- A population screening test for early detection in sick individuals without clinical manifestations.
b) Development of innovative therapies against cancer, cardiovascular and immunological diseases.
- Drug re-profiling of commercial compounds.
- Identification and validation of a monoclonal antibody (MAb), with antagonist activity of the identified target receptor for the treatment of cancer.
c) In addition, the company offers solutions such as diagnostic kits (companion diagnostic) for predictive treatment response performed on tissue and blood samples.
d) Business Development through collaborations with pharmaceutical companies to undertake:
- Clinical proof of principle (PoP) in collaboration with a public hospital and Roche Diagnostics, for validating the company’s target as a blood biomarker for cancer diagnosis.
- Development of a dossier of scientific information and clinical validation on commercial compound re-profiling as therapeutic agents against cancer.
- Development of a dossier of scientific information and clinical validation on monoclonal antibodies against the company’s target for cancer treatment.